Thursday, December 1, 2011

Obamarama

Obama came to Ireland this Summer to have a pint in the town his ancestors are from. I’m sure there was other business, but this is the important stuff. The pub is called Ollie Hayes and the town (Moneygall) has gotten a lot of tourist traffic from the visit.

obama 003

The residents were paid to paint their houses for the arrival of Mr. Pres, but I think this was thrown in for good measure. Why is our flag four times bigger?

obama 002

His café was not open for the day yet. It’s just down the road so I may venture back as I can’t imagine what kind of gifts and souvenirs it has that have anything to do with our president, but I’m hoping it’s along the lines of his own bobblehead in an Irish rugby jersey.obama 001

Go USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment